Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Too Many Tools!!

As the list of tools continues to grow, the list of tools that need setting up also grows. The most unfortunate downside of all this is the inordinate amount of time spent preparing to woodwork as opposed to woodworking. Case in point, I have spent the better part of two weeks trying to get this double screw vise together, fiddling endlessly with a thread box, just so I have a functional vise to hold workpieces. Yesterday night I decided rather than continue to wait for the Beall thread box to show up, I'd just start working on the School Box. Workholding was not ideal, but passable. I think I did a reasonable job sawing my first set of tails, but as I go to chisel out the waste I am reminded of a terrible fact. Chisels from the factory are not sharp. Great. Back to the stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment