Monday, January 24, 2011

Dovetail Day 4

The gaps are coming down in both number and severity. I feel pretty good with the progress so far. I'm having the most difficulty getting good with the coping saw. I think I'm starting to figure it out though, it seems to work best if you keep the stroke steady through the turn.

I think having another pair of dividers would help in getting some consistent layouts. That said, I'm also having a bit of difficulty in getting a consistent layout transferred from the tails to the pin board. I'm sure at least some, if not all, of this would be alleviated by having a proper workbench and workholding setup. I am making do with what I've got so far, which as the pictures from yesterday would indicate is pretty rudimentary. An Irwin Quick Grip clamp against the front rail of my table saw is filling in for a proper workbench and face vice.

Set 4

No comments:

Post a Comment