Tuesday, February 8, 2011

800 lbs

I think that's a reasonable estimate for the amount of lumber I hauled into the basement today. I think that excuses me from any further "woodworking" today on account of my body approaching brokenness. Between the endless snow shovelling, hockey and hauling lumber, my body needs a bit of a break.



I suppose this is the cost of buying lumber off Kijiji. I picked up between 230-300 board feet of maple for $450. I'm not sure what the waste factor will be but even if I can pull 65-70% usable wood from the pile, I think I made off fairly well. The downside of course is that I now have several hundred board feet of lumber residing in my basement. I suppose this is only further impetus to pick up the pace toward production of any sort.

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice haul! I also exhausted myself removing snow, so no energy left for woodworking last month.

    ReplyDelete